The funds from the Water Quality Service Fee will be used to apply best management practices over the next permit cycle to serve the citizens of Berkeley County, WV. These best management practices are as follows:
- Public Education/Outreach
- Public Participation/Involvement
- Illicit Discharge Detection/Elimination
- Construction Site Runoff Control
- Post-Construction Runoff Control
- Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping
As the Berkeley County Public Service Storm Water District becomes fully operational over the next 2 to 5 years, areas of critical need throughout Berkeley County, WV will be assessed and prioritized, so that appropriate funds can be allocated toward stormwater management improvement projects.